Anthony Henday Highway Complete!
Congratulations to Local 63 members employed by Flatiron for a job well-done! After four-and-a-half years, they have completed Edmonton’s ring road, the Anthony Henday.
- Project duration: May 2012 – Oct 1, 2016.
- Number of members on the project: approximately 450
- Length: 32 kilometres
- 3 lanes in each direction
- 47 bridges including fl y overs (overpasses), two of them over the river
- Challenges: weather and crossing the North Saskatchewan River
With the highway complete, it now takes only 40 minutes to travel around the city. The new road has relieved much of the traffic stress on Yellowhead Highway and Whitemud Drive.