Apprenticeship in Ontario
How do I become an apprentice?
Visit the Ministry of Labour, Immigration, Training and Skills Development to learn how to become an apprentice in Ontario. If you are considering a career in the skilled trades but are not sure where to start, the CLAC Apprenticeship Team can help you make informed career decisions. Contact us to learn more or send us an email at ONapprenticeship@clac.ca
CLAC Apprentices - Ontario Support Program
If you are a registered apprentice and a CLAC member in Ontario, we are here to support your progression through your apprenticeship pathway, all the way to your Certificate of Qualification.
Simply log in to myCLAC to view your apprenticeship resources AND to on-board your apprenticeship. You will receive a CLAC Apprentice On-Boarding SWAG Kit (including the popular CLAC YETI Rambler)!
CLAC supports member apprentices by assisting with:
- Finding apprenticeship opportunities with CLAC employers via CLAC Jobs;
- Supporting your apprenticeship registration with your employer/sponsor;
- Understanding on-the-job and educational requirements related to your apprenticeship, including mentoring and pre-exam tutoring services;
- Submitting your trade school tuition reimbursement request to CLAC and other CLAC apprenticeship awards (see info below);
- Applying for government apprenticeship funding, loans, and grants; and
- Safety and skills upgrading opportunities via CLAC Training, ON.
What tuition reimbursements does CLAC offer member apprentices?
CLAC will reimburse 100 percent of apprenticeship trade school tuition fees.
If your final trade school mark is 80 percent or higher, you can receive an additional $100 bonus.
How do I apply for my tuition reimbursement?
To learn more about your eligibility and to find the application form, sign in to your myCLAC profile and visit the My Apprenticeship tab.