Apprenticeship in Ontario
How do I become an apprentice?
Visit the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities or the Ontario College of Trades to learn how to become an apprentice in Ontario.
What reimbursements does CLAC offer?
CLAC will reimburse 100 percent of apprenticeship trade school tuition fees.
If your final trade school mark is 80 percent or higher, you can receive an additional $100 bonus.
Am I eligible to apply?
You are eligible to apply if:
- You are a member in good standing of a CLAC local
- You have worked at least 12 of the past 24 months for a CLAC signatory employer that contributes to the Ontario Education and Assistance Fund (EAF) for each term of trade school
- You attended trade school while employed by a CLAC signatory employer
- You have an official school document to show that you’ve successfully completed the term
- You can provide the CLAC Training team with a receipt for tuition
- You have returned to a CLAC signatory employer following completion of your schooling
How do I apply?
To learn more, and to find application forms, sign in to your myCLAC profile.