Apprenticeship in Saskatchewan
How do I become an apprentice?
Visit Saskatchewan Apprentice and Trade Certification Commission to learn how to become an apprentice in Saskatchewan.
What reimbursements does CLAC offer?
CLAC will reimburse member apprentices up to $850 per school year for tuition fees, exam fees, and books.
If you received a grade of 90 percent or higher on your final exam, you can receive an additional $100 bonus.
You can apply for a maximum of two claims per year.
Courses, other than apprenticeship courses, that are covered are limited to:
- B Pressure Welding (one time only)
- CWB Welding (one time only)
- Industrial Construction Crew Supervisor
- Construction Craft Labourer
Am I eligible to apply?
You are eligible to apply if:
- You are a member in good standing of Local 151
- You have worked at least 1,500 hours per school year with a CLAC signatory employer that contributes to the Local 151 Saskatchewan Training Fund (STF)
- You have an official school document to show that you’ve successfully completed the term
- You can provide the STF with a receipt for tuition and/or books
- You have returned to a CLAC signatory employer that contributes to the STF following completion of your schooling
How do I apply?
To learn more, and to find application forms, sign in to your myCLAC profile.