Make your own path
We want to help you reach your goals. That’s why we offer scholarships to our members and their family.
The $1,500 scholarships can be used toward the cost of study at any accredited postsecondary institution in Canada.
Who can apply?
- CLAC members, their spouse, children, and grandchildren.
- Applicants must be attending/accepted at an accredited postsecondary institution in Canada or registered/accepted in an apprenticeship program accredited in Canada.
- Applicants may be enrolled in either full-time or part-time studies.
If you have previously won a CLAC scholarship, you are not eligible to apply again.
Guidelines for Applicants
- Applications are due June 15, by midnight ET.
Applicants must submit a 750-word essay. The question for 2023 is:
How can unions remain relevant for a new generation of Canadian workers?
- Applicants must submit a completed application form.
- Members who are involved in the union (i.e., steward, bargaining committee member, on a local board, etc.) will receive extra points. Union involvement will be verified by the CLAC Scholarship team.
- Applicants must provide proof of enrolment in a postsecondary institution or a copy of their acceptance letter with their application (see FAQs for more information).
Incomplete applications will not be considered submitted until all documents have been received.
Submitting Your Application
Applications can be submitted by any one of the following four processes:
- Hand-delivered to any CLAC member centre before the deadline and stamped with the date of receipt.
- Emailed as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org before midnight ET on June 15.
- Mailed to:
45 Commerce Court
Your application must be received on or before the deadline date (not postmarked on that date).
Winners will be contacted by phone by September 1, 2023.