Make your own path
We want to help you reach your goals. That’s why we offer scholarships to our members and their family.
The $1,500 scholarships can be used toward the cost of study at any accredited postsecondary institution in Canada.
2021 essay question: What do workers want from their union during bad times?
Who can apply?
- CLAC members, their spouse, children, and grandchildren.
- Applicants must be attending/accepted at an accredited postsecondary institution in Canada or registered/accepted in an apprenticeship program accredited in Canada.
- Applicants may be enrolled in either full-time or part-time studies.
If you have previously won a CLAC scholarship, you are not eligible to apply again.
Guidelines for Applicants
- Applications are due June 15, 2021, by midnight ET.
Applicants must submit a 750-word essay on the following topic: What do workers want from their union during bad times?
- Applicants must submit a completed application form. The application form requires a CLAC representative’s signature—this must be included on your application or it will be considered incomplete. A representative’s signature verifies that you (or your family member) are a union member in good standing (see FAQs for more information).
- Applicants must submit a copy of their (or their family member’s) union membership card with their application (see FAQs for more information).
- Members who are involved in the union will receive extra points. If you claim any union involvement (i.e., steward, bargaining committee member, on a local board, etc.) you are required to submit a brief letter from your CLAC representative with your application. This letter will outline the extent of your (or your family member’s) involvement (role, length of service, etc.).
- Applicants must provide proof of enrolment in a postsecondary institution or a copy of their acceptance letter with their application (see FAQs for more information).
Incomplete applications will not be considered submitted until all documents have been received.
Applications can be submitted by any one of the following four processes:
- Hand-delivered to any CLAC member centre before the deadline and stamped with the date of receipt.
- Emailed as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org before midnight ET on June 15, 2021.
- Couriered or mailed to:
45 Commerce Court
Your application must be received on or before the deadline date (not postmarked on that date).
- Faxed to 519-653-3004 before midnight ET on June 15, 2021.
Winners will be announced by September 1, 2021.