Supervisor Micro-Certification Program
The Supervisor Micro-Certification Program (SMCP) is made up of a series of modules. You must complete Module 1 prior to beginning Module 3.
Module 3 – Communication
In-class or Distance Learning
Supervisors who understand the importance and value of their team evolve into strong people-centric leaders by recognizing that people drive results.
In this communication module, participants learn the importance of effective communication skills to be people-centric leaders for their teams.
Participants build their understanding of:
- why being a skilled communicator matters;
- what communication methods are effective in construction;
- verbal, nonverbal, written, and visual communication skills;
- barriers to effective interactive communication
- the people-centric communication model (empathic listening); and
- strategies of having crucial conversations.
Structure: Instructor-led session (in-person or virtual) which includes the learning of core leadership competencies, group discussions, leadership assessments, applications to real-world situations, and access to peer-to-peer collaboration and mentorship.
Upon successful completion of the module, participants are issued a digital badge and are eligible to register for the next module (Teamwork).
Duration: 3.5 hours
Member Price: $0. Note: You must complete Module 1 prior to beginning Module 3.
Non-Member/Public Price: The cost of this module is covered by the one-time registration fee paid upon enrolment in Module 1. You must complete Module 1 prior to beginning Module 3.