Workplace Naloxone Training | Online
In this self-directed, online course, participants will learn what Naloxone is and why it matters.
- Canada is currently facing an opioid crisis that has been declared a public health emergency.
- In 2018, there were over 4,000 opioid-related deaths in the country.
- There were over 7000 deaths in Canada in 2022 – averaging 20 deaths per day.
- Ontario has the highest number of opioid toxicity deaths by population.
Participants will learn:
- What the opioid crisis is
- Why there is a stigma surrounding drug use
- What Naloxone is and how it works
- How to safely administer Naloxone
- What to expect after administering, and what to do next
Duration: 90 minutes
Member Price: $0
Non-Member/Public Price: $50
Course is also available in French.