The introductory levelling course is designed for construction personnel interested in learning skills and principles to successfully run level loops, transfer and establish benchmarks on construction sites, and determine the elevations of objects independently and/or relative to each other.
- Ideal for general site personnel, site supervisors, and those responsible for site preparation including levelling procedures, elevation control, and benchmark set-up
- No special math skills required
- The course is eligible for 1 CCA Gold Seal education credit upon completion.
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Successfully use survey equipment to perform site levelling procedures to establish benchmarks and elevations
- State and define basic levelling methods and procedures for benchmark levelling
- Book, record, and reduce level notes and perform the required checks given the field information
- Describe the peg test method for determining and correcting collimation errors in levelling instruments
- State and discuss the care of levels, speed, accuracy, and common sources of errors in the levelling procedure
Duration: 8 hours