Laugh out Loud
Sharing a chuckle with a coworker can make your shift go quicker, create long-lasting bonds, and defuse a tense or awkward situation
As Charles Dickens once said, “there is nothing in the world so irresistibly contagious as laughter and good humour.” Laughing also feels amazing and has some surprising health benefits.
4 Hilarious Physical Health Benefits
1. Laughter boosts the immune system.
2. Laughter triggers the release of endorphins (the feel-good chemical).
3. Laughter burns calories.
4. Laughter decreases pain.
4 Hilarious Mental Health Benefits
1. Laughter relieves stress.
2. Laughter improves mood.
3. Laughter strengthens resilience.
4. Laughter relieves anxiety and tension.
4 Hilarious Social Benefits
1. Laughter strengthens relationships.
2. Laughter promotes group bonding.
3. Laughter eases tense situations.
4. Laughter makes you more approachable.
4 Ways to Find the Funny at Work
1. Spend time with fun, playful coworkers who add joy to your life.
2. Lighten up! When you make tiny mistakes at work, try to find the humour in the situation.
3. Have you watched a funny movie, TV show, or YouTube video recently? If appropriate, share it with your coworkers!
4. Humour can often be found in the sad or dark moments of life and work. Sometimes, an appropriate joke can do wonders for easing tension.