Supervisor Micro-Certification Program
Empowering Supervisors to Lead
CLAC’s Supervisor Micro-Certification Program (SMCP) empowers construction supervisors with the skills to be people-centric team leaders rather than simply task-focused managers, resulting in
- safer workplaces,
- better communication,
- reduced disruptive conflict, and
- increased productivity.
Who Should Take this Program?
New or experienced construction supervisors, forepersons, lead hands, and those with strong leadership potential.
SMCP is a series of instructor-led modules—six core modules and four optional master modules. Each module is approximately 3.5 hours long. The program can be completed over a number of months to suit the participant’s schedule.
Supervisors will also have access to mentorship support and a library of leadership resources to enhance their ongoing development.
Core Modules (required) – 3.5 hours per module
- Module 1: Leadership 101 – elevating your supervisory skills
- Module 2: Health & Safety Compliance** – foundation to a safety-first mindset
- Module 3: Communication – developing effective communication skills to leverage team strengths
- Module 4: Teamwork – forming effective teams
- Module 5: Conflict Management – strengthening relationships and workplace culture
- Module 6: Safety Leadership – inspiring a safety-first culture
Application and Master Modules (optional)
(released late 2022, subject to change)
- Module 7: Problem Solving/Decision Making
- Module 8: Production & Quality
- Module 9: HR Dimensions
- Module 10: Leadership 201 (including coaching)
- And more!
** Module 2 Exemption Option – A knowledge assessment is part of the registration, including proof of prior learning.