CLAC WAH Training Policy
The following registration, cancelation, disclaimer, privacy, and accessibility policies apply to your registration.
- The CLAC Working at Heights Program is approved by the Ontario Ministry of Labour (Approved Training Provider ID Number PRO-34616 and Approved Training Program ID Number WAH-34616) and meets the learning outcomes outlined in the ministry’s training program standard and training provider standard for working at heights.
- A full refund will be provided if the participant cancels seven days prior to the training date.
- A cancellation fee of $50 will be charged if the participant cancels after the seven day period.
- The participant will be charged the full cost of the course if they cancel within 24 hours of the scheduled start time of the training, if they fail to show up, or they are late and do not complete the course.
- To qualify for CLAC member pricing, a registrant must provide their CLAC ID and must be actively employed or have worked within the last three months in a CLAC bargaining unit that participates in the CLAC Training Fund. Please contact a CLAC Member Centre or call us at 877-701-2522 to obtain your CLAC ID if you do not have it.
- CLAC reserves the right to cancel a registration until proper payment is received in full, according to CLAC Training Fund policies.
- CLAC reserves the right to cancel any course due to lack of enrolment or other causes beyond its control with at least 48 hours’ notice. A full refund will be provided or the participant can reschedule to another date.
- CLAC reserves the right to substitute an instructor in the unlikely event the scheduled instructor cannot deliver the course. Substitute instructors shall be certified to deliver the course. Substitution of an instructor is not a cause for a refund.
- It is at the sole discretion of the instructor to deem that a participant has completed the course or has failed to complete the course for any reason whatsoever. No refund will be provided if a participant fails to complete all the learning outcomes of the course.
- In the interests of all course participants, CLAC and/or its instructors reserve the right to remove a participant from a course whose behaviour is considered unacceptable and disruptive to other participants. No refund will be provided under such circumstances.
- CLAC has endeavoured to ensure the accuracy of the information contained herein; however, it is the sole responsibility of the learner and your employer to ensure that the legislative requirements for working at heights and fall protection are clearly understood and followed. CLAC, its directors, agents, training provider partners, or instructors cannot be held responsible for misuse or misinterpretation, application, or implementation of the training program content and material provided.
- All intellectual property rights, including copyright, patent, and design rights relating to the course materials provided to participants, remain the sole property of CLAC. No part of any course material may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form or by any means—electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise—without the prior written permission of CLAC, 45 Commerce Court, Cambridge, ON, N3C 4P7.
- CLAC provides its services in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and Regulation 429/07 “Accessibility Standards for Customer Service.” See CLAC’s Accessibility Standards for Service Policy for more information.