Toolbox 2 – Knowledge to Lead | Virtual or In-Class
This course expands upon the topics covered in Toolbox 1 and provides further insight into the role of a steward. Toolbox 2 is a case-based interactive workshop aimed at developing leaders who can demonstrate CLAC’s representation style, are confident to handle situations that arise, and understand that mutual gain is better than win/lose. Topics covered include:
- Toolbox 1 review
- The steward’s most important
- Your workplace
- the law
- discipline and disability
- dealing with harassment
- employee performance
This course will be offered in-person in our Langley Member Centre with the option to attend via Zoom for those who are out of town.
You will be required to answer these questions after clicking "Request to Register."
- Are you a steward? This course is for stewards. If you are not a steward and are interested in becoming one, please contact your representative.
- Have you signed a membership application card? If no, please sign one on myCLAC.ca or contact your representative.
- Do you have a copy of the collective agreement–either a print copy or pdf? If no, this is available on myCLAC.ca under My Workplace or from your representative. Please have one available for your training date.
- Name and contact information (phone/email) of the employer that approved your date of training.
- Do you have a laptop, computer, or tablet with WIFI and a webcam that you can attend the course with (you cannot use your phone for this course)? If no, CLAC Training can send you a tablet and headphones. Please provide the complete address of where to send these for your training date.
Please answer all questions to ensure your request is taken care of in a timely manner.
Duration: 7 hours