Toolbox 2 – Knowledge to Lead | Virtual or
This course expands upon the topics covered in Toolbox 1 and provides further insight into the role of a steward. Toolbox 2 is a case-based interactive workshop aimed at developing leaders who can demonstrate CLAC’s representation style, are confident to handle situations that arise, and understand that mutual gain is better than win/lose. Topics covered include:
- Toolbox 1 review
- The steward’s most important
- Your workplace
- the law
- discipline and disability
- dealing with harassment
- employee performance
We’re Back—in Person!
We are delivering our Toolbox training the best way we know how—in person. For those stewards living within the Greater Vancouver region (i.e., North Vancouver, Vancouver, Richmond, Langley, Surrey, Chilliwack, Burnaby, etc.), all courses will be live and hosted at the BC Training Centre in Langley.
Stewards living outside of the Greater Vancouver region can join our classes remotely via Zoom on select dates. You can also contact the training centre to arrange accommodations near the centre.
You will be required to answer these questions and provide the following information after clicking "Request to Register."
- Are you a steward? This course is for stewards. If you are not a steward and are interested in becoming one, please contact your representative.
- Have you signed a membership application card? If no, please sign one on myCLAC.ca or contact your representative.
- Do you have a copy of the collective agreement–either a print copy or pdf? If no, this is available on myCLAC.ca under My Workplace or from your representative. Please have one available for your training date.
- Name and contact information (phone/email) of your employer that
approved your day off work to take this training.
- For those outside of the Lower Mainland: If you are unable to travel to the Langley Member Centre, please choose one of the dates that are available via Distance Learning through Zoom. For Zoom attendees, you must have a laptop/computer/tablet, Internet connection, and webcam. (Note that you cannot use your phone.) If you do not have these items, CLAC Training can send you a tablet and headphones. Please provide the complete address of where to send these for your training date.
Please answer all questions and provide all necessary information to ensure your request is taken care of in a timely manner.
Duration: 7 hours