Toolbox 2 – Knowledge to Lead | Virtual
This course expands upon the topics covered in Toolbox 1 and provides further insight into the role of a steward. Toolbox 2 is a case-based interactive workshop aimed at developing leaders who can demonstrate CLAC’s representation style, are confident to handle situations that arise, and understand that mutual gain is better than win/lose. Topics covered include:
- Toolbox 1 review
- The steward’s most important
- Your workplace
- the law
- discipline and disability
- dealing with harassment
- employee performance
This course is currently offered via Zoom only.
You will be required to answer these questions after clicking "Request to Register."
- Are you a steward? This course is for stewards. If you are not a steward and are interested in becoming one, please contact your representative.
- Have you signed a membership application card? If no, please sign one on myCLAC.ca or contact your representative.
- Do you have a copy of the collective agreement–either a print copy or pdf? If no, this is available on myCLAC.ca under My Workplace or from your representative. Please have one available for your training date.
- Name and contact information (phone/email) of the employer that approved your date of training.
- Do you have a laptop, computer, or tablet with WIFI and a webcam that you can attend the course with (you cannot use your phone for this course)? If no, CLAC Training can send you a tablet and headphones. Please provide the complete address of where to send these for your training date.
Please answer all questions to ensure your request is taken care of in a timely manner.
Duration: 7 hours