Toolbox 1: Developing Leaders in the Workplace – Virtual
This course provides an introduction to a steward’s role and responsibilities and explains some basic principles that will assist stewards in their role. It is designed for new stewards. Topics covered include:
- Introduction to being a steward
- Learning what are your responsibilities and helping your members
- Unions in society
- CLAC DNA
- Progressive discipline
- Framing the investigation (pre-grievance work)
You will be required to answer these questions after clicking 'Request to Register'.
1. Have you signed a membership application card?
If no, Please sign one on myCLAC.ca or contact your representative.
2. Do you have a copy of the collective agreement–either a print copy or pdf?
If no, this is available on myCLAC.ca under My Workplace or from your representative. Please have one available for your training date.
3. Name and contact information (phone/email) of the employer that approved your date of training.
4. Do you have a laptop, computer, or tablet with wifi and a webcam that you can attend the course with? (You can not use your phone for this course.)
If no, CLAC Training can send you a tablet and headphones. Please provide the complete address of where to send these for your training date.
5. Are you a steward?
This course is for stewards. If you are not a steward and are interested in becoming one, please contact your representative.
Please answer all questions to ensure your request is taken care of in a timely manner.