Mobile Elevating Work Platforms
This instructor-led journey will show how to operate Boom and Scissor Lifts safely. Through both theory and practical elements, students will understand how to protect themselves and others when operating Boom and Scissor Lifts in the workplace. This course has been developed in line with requirements set in OHS regulations, CSA standards, and operator manuals of common models in Canada.This course offers a hands-on, personalized experience. Topics include but are not limited to:
- Understanding legislation, jurisdiction, and CSA requirements.
- Understanding documentation and training requirements
- Learning to perform pre-use inspections and function tests
- Performing a work-area inspection
- Identifying and controlling operating hazardsUnderstanding safe work practices for operation
Expiry: 3 years
Duration: 5-8 hours
Prerequisite: Fall Protection
- Langley – We the Safe
- Kelowna – Safety Training Okanagan
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more detailed course descriptions.