Health First Aid (MHFA) - Standard (Virtual)
This 8-hour course opens with a self-directed online module (Module 1) that focuses on the information and strategies that participants will discuss and practise throughout the virtual classroom modules (Modules 2 and 3).
Course participants are required to complete Module 1 before participating in Module 2 and 3.
Upon registration, participants will receive the “MHFA Participant Reference Guide” that outlines MHFA actions for developing mental health and substance use problems, and mental health and substance use crises.
Course participants will learn how to recognize signs that a person may be experiencing a decline in their mental well-being or a mental health crisis and encourage that person to:
- Talk about declines in their mental well-being
- Discuss professional and other supports that could help with recovery to improved mental well-being
- Reach out to these supports
- Assist in a mental health or substance use crisis
- Use MHFA actions to maintain one’s own mental well-being
Module Course Outline
Module 1: Self-Directed – Online
- Introduction to the course
- Introduction to MHFA actions
Module 2: Virtual Classroom
- Practise applying MHFA actions to situations of declining mental well-being
- Guidelines for MHFA conversations with people from diverse cultures and members of the 2SLGBTQ+ community
Module 3 Virtual Classroom
- Discussion on using MHFA actions for self-care
- Practise using MHFA actions in crisis situations
- Duration: 8 hours (Self Directed Online/Virtual Classroom)
- 3 Modules
- Class size: 8-15
Please contact CLAC Training if you are interested in taking this course and we can place you on a waitlist, or if you wish to request a company specific course.