Local 56 Board Updates
Matt Sharuga, of OEM Remanufacturing Company Ltd., has been re-elected to the Local 56 executive board for a three-year term. The vote was held in January.
Matt has been a CLAC member since March 2005, and has been employed that whole time at OEM in Edmonton, where he serves as chief union steward. He has also served four times on bargaining committees and has completed the three levels of CLAC steward training. Matt has also served on workplace health and safety and social committees. He is serving his fourth consecutive term as a Local 56 board member. He currently serves as vice-president.
CLAC thanks members Muhammad Shahid of Maple Leaf Poultry and Robbie Hook of TCL Supply Chain Inc. for their commitment to CLAC and Local 56 in participating in this election.
The Local 56 Board members are
• Michael (Mike) Riggs (Ryder Truck Rental Canada Ltd.)
• Matt Sharuga (OEM Remanufacturing)
• Calvin Eklund (OEM Remanufacturing)
• Eldon Jordan (Mustang Freightways Ltd.)
• Eric Nederlof (CLAC Representative, Edmonton)
• Ed DeBruyn, CLAC Representative, Calgary)