Local 911 Heads into Negotiations
The Greater Hamilton Volunteer Firefighters Association (GHVFA) annual general meeting (AGM) was held on June 25, 2019, at the Marriott Hotel in Hamilton. This was an important AGM this year as the GHVFA heads into negotiations for a new collective agreement later this fall.
Board members discussed a number of items important to members:
- Recent unveiling of Hamilton’s Ten Year Service Delivery Plan
- Success of two-hatter legislation
- 2019 Ride to Ottawa event for the Canadian Fallen Firefighters Foundation
- Charity events at the station level
- Ongoing matters with the department that are being resolved
Paul Osborne was reelected and was reappointed as president by the board. The board also welcomed James McLeod from Station 19 who was also elected. James will serve as the local’s secretary and has served as our lead for the 2019 Ride to Ottawa committee. He is a valuable addition to the local board.