An investment in education is an investment in your future. Every year, CLAC provides post-secondary scholarship opportunities to CLAC members and their spouses, children, and grandchildren.
The $1,500 scholarships can be used toward the cost of study at any accredited post-secondary institution in Canada.
Who can apply?
CLAC members, their spouses, children, and grandchildren
- Applicants who are attending/will be attending an accredited post-secondary institution in Canada
- Applicants may also be registered/will be registered in an apprenticeship program (provided the post-secondary program is accredited) in Canada
- Applicants enrolled in either full-time or part-time studies
If you have previously won a CLAC scholarship, you are not eligible to apply again.
Guidelines for Applicants
- Applications are due June 30 by midnight ET.
- Applicants must submit a 750 word essay. The topic for the 2017 Scholarship Program will be announced early in 2017.
- Applicants must submit a completed application form. The application form requires a CLAC representative’s signature—this must be included on your application or it will be considered incomplete. A representative’s signature verifies that you (or your family member) are a union member in good standing (see FAQs for more information).
- Applicants must submit a copy of their (or their family member’s) union membership card with their application (see FAQs for more information).
- Members who are involved in the union will receive extra points. If you claim any union involvement (i.e., steward, bargaining committee member, on a local board, etc.) you are required to submit a brief letter from your CLAC representative with your application. This letter will outline the extent of your (or your family member’s) involvement (role, length of service, etc.).
- Applicants must provide proof of enrolment in a post-secondary institution with their application (see FAQs for more information).
Incomplete applications will not be considered submitted until all documents have been received.
Submitting Your Application
Applications can be submitted by any one of the following three processes:
Hand-delivered to any CLAC member centre before the deadline and stamped with the date of receipt
- Emailed as an attachment to email@example.com before midnight EST on June 30
- Couriered or mailed to:
2335 Argentia Road
- Your application must be received on or before the deadline date (not postmarked on that date).
- Faxed to 905-812-5556 before midnight EST on June 30.
If the deadline (June 30) falls on a weekend, we will accept applications that are faxed or emailed over the weekend as long as they are received on or before midnight EST of the Sunday.
Winners will be announced by September 1.