CLAC is one of Canada’s fastest growing national labour unions representing over 60,000 workers across a wide variety of sectors including construction, health care, manufacturing, retail, service, transportation and mining. CLAC takes a progressive approach to labour relations that is non-adversarial and looks to develop cohesive workplace communities.
We are currently seeking a motivated and experienced Research Assistant to provide research support and services to CLAC Staff and other clients from its Head Office in Cambridge, ON. This contract will be offered for a 13 month term starting December 1st, 2016.
The successful candidate will bring experience in coordinating and managing research projects, data collection and management, and basic data analysis and reporting. In addition, strong organizational as well as oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills are essential. This position is ideal for an applicant who enjoys precision, has experience with administering a database, and knows how to turn data into information. Experience in healthcare administration, interest administration, or legal research is an asset.
- 1-2 years of data entry or equivalent experience.
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel.
- Familiarity with database systems.
- Experience in following and administrating a work completion process.
- Experience in the completion of detail-oriented tasks.
- Demonstrable organization skills and ability to work under pressure.
- Proven experience of meeting deadlines within an intense and demanding work environment.
- Ability to maintain records.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Capable of working independently and as part of a team.
- Strong oral and written communication skills are essential.
- Strong critical thinking skills are a definite asset.
- Previous legal experience is a definite asset.
- Completed college diploma or university degree in a relevant field a definite asset.
CLAC offers a competitive wage and excellent benefit package, as well as the opportunity to work in a dynamic, rewarding, and challenging workplace community.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume to: Paul Wilson, Director of Research and Education, at email@example.com
Please indicate in your cover letter where you came across the position.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
CLAC is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation at any stage of the hiring process, we will work with you to meet your needs.