Welding Receptionist – CLAC Training, Alberta
CLAC Training Team, Alberta is seeking a highly motivated individual to fill the role of Welding Receptionist. This is a temporary full-time, one-year contract position located in the Edmonton Member Centre. The successful candidate will be required to have strong interpersonal skills who can work independently and as part of a team. The Welding Receptionist is responsible for the administration and booking of all appointments and registration of clients in a timely manner as well as greeting all guests, both in person and by phone, with a focus on quality, customer satisfaction, and CLAC’s core values.
The essential duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Performs all duties required while fostering a positive team environment that is focused on exceptional service for both internal and external customers.
- Greets guests and assists them with their questions with respect to their training and testing requests as required.
- May receive and distribute mail and faxes pertaining to the welding shop to the appropriate resources.
- Develops and maintains a positive relationship with all assigned signatory employers to ensure accurate, timely, and personalized service.
- Actively registers and confirms appointments into training & testing sessions as requested by clients, members, or signatory employers.
- Ensures all source documents and forms are accurately filled out and electronically filed in the appropriate location.
- Processes payment via debit, cash, or credit card for products or services offered by Training, Alberta.
- Accurately records and maintains contact information for all signatory employers, training providers, and members in the database, and any other statistics as determined by CLAC Training, Alberta leadership.
- Accurately processes and records all training course costs for the appropriate employer and/or division as well as individual members.
- Acts as a resource for clients, members, and signatory employers with training inquiries.
- Works closely with all training staff to ensure accurate record keeping processes are in place with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Provides ongoing back-up support to the learners in the computer lab when required.
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft platforms, proficient with computers and all other data management systems utilized in the training department.
- Keeps current on all activities and training initiatives involving CLAC Training, Alberta.
- Completion of high school or equivalency education
Skills and Experience:
- A minimum of 1 year experience working in an administrative or reception role.
- Experience working in a similar role with Welding terminology is an asset.
- Be organized and have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Able to demonstrate a friendly and polite telephone and personal manner, punctual and reliable.
- Experience with database entry, scanning, and document management.
- Have great people skills and work well in a team environment.
- Be self-motivated and a self-starter.
- Proficient in all Microsoft platforms.
- Be able to work independently.
- Strong organizational skills, time management, and be able to multi-task.
Reporting and Accountability:
- This position reports to Danielle Lavoie, Partnership & Welding Coordinator, Training, Alberta.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to Danielle Lavoie, CLAC Training, Alberta, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate in your application where you came across the position.
Application Deadline: April 14, 2021
Approximate Start Date: April 19, 2021
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
CLAC is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation at any stage of the hiring process, we will work with you to meet your needs.