Welding Examiner and Trainer
CLAC Training, Alberta is seeking a highly motivated individual to fill the role of Welding Examiner and Trainer. This is a permanent, full-time position located in the Edmonton Member Centre. The successful candidate will be required to have strong leadership and interpersonal skills who can work independently and as part of a team. This person is accountable for supporting the Welding Manager with the growth, development, and delivery of all Welding Shop offerings to those clients entering or in the Welding Trade. With a focus on CLAC Training, Alberta as a whole, a key component of this role is building strong relationships and communications that promote quality instruction, customer satisfaction, and CLAC’s core values.
The essentials duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Performs all duties required while fostering a positive team environment that is focused on exceptional service for both internal and external customers.
- Conducts Welder training when required.
- Continuously upgrades all professional Welding designations and skill sets to ensure the high standard of instruction and testing set by CLAC is maintained on all welding processes and equipment utilized by our Welding Facility.
- Supervises and performs testing processes on Welders that will assure compliance to the CLAC ABSA approved Quality Manual.
- Supports the growth and development of all Welder Tests and other Specialized Welding Initiatives as determined.
- Supports the Welding Manager with recruitment, selection, training & development, and identification & development of future initiatives with a focus on building a strong engaged team.
- Supports the Welding Manager with the communication of key CLAC messages to ensure alignment with the key objectives of CLAC Training, Alberta.
- Acts as a coach, mentor, and resource to all internal staff, members, and CLAC Representatives.
- Remains current on industry and competitor trends and communicates key information to appropriate individuals and training team.
- Actively participates and contributes to Welding Industry Associations and corresponds with government and other agencies.
- Supervises and supports all Welding initiatives with a focus on innovative processes and procedures to enhance the career growth and opportunities for untapped resources, members, signatory employers, and communities.
- Maintains positive relationships and networks with the community to seek out opportunities to include CLAC and the services the Welding Facility has to offer.
- B-Pressure Certificate of Competency
- CWB Certification
- ABSA Welding Examiner
Skills & Experience:
- A minimum of 10 years industrial Welding experience
- Knowledgeable in Technical Safety BC
- Proficient in all Welding Processes (GMAW, FCAW, SMAW, MSC, GTAW-AC/DC)
- Advanced knowledge of welding equipment & operation
- Be organized and have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to establish and maintain healthy working relationships with all stakeholders
- Have great people skills and work well in a team environment
- Be self-motivated and a self-starter
- Be knowledgeable in all Microsoft platforms and proficient with computers
- Be able to work independently
- Be able to multi-task
Reporting and Accountability:
This position will report to Kelly Loren, Assistant Welding Shop Manager, CLAC Training, Alberta.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to Alyssa Smith, Executive Assistant/Team Coordinator, CLAC Training, Alberta, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please indicate in your application where you came across the position.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Application Deadline: June 16, 2021
Approximate Start Date: To be determined
CLAC offers a competitive wage and excellent benefit package, as well as the opportunity to work in a dynamic, rewarding, and challenging workplace community.
CLAC is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation at any stage of the hiring process, we will work with you to meet your needs.