Training Booking Specialist - Edmonton
CLAC Training Team, Alberta is seeking a highly motivated individual to fill the role of a Booking Specialist. This is a one-year contract, full-time position located in the Edmonton Member Centre. The successful candidate will be required to have strong interpersonal skills who can work independently and as part of a team. Both individuals would be accountable for the procurement and registration of learners in a timely manner as well as greeting all guests, both in person and by phone, with a focus on quality customer satisfaction, and CLAC’s core values.
The essentials duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Performs all duties required while fostering a positive team environment that is focused on exceptional service for both internal and external customers.
- Greets guests and assists them with their questions and training requests as required.
- May provide back-up support to the Training Receptionist with directing calls to the appropriate destination.
- Develops and maintains a positive relationship with all assigned signatory employers to ensure accurate, timely, and personalized service.
- Develops and maintains a positive relationship with all third party training providers and partners.
- Actively locates, registers, and confirms learners into training courses as requested by the members or signatory employers.
- Ensures all source documents and forms are accurately filled out and electronically filed in the appropriate location.
- Processes payments via debit, cash, or credit card for products or services offered by CLAC Training, Alberta.
- Accurately records and maintains contact information for all signatory employers, training providers, and members in the database, and any other statistics as determined by CLAC Training, Alberta leadership.
- Accurately processes and records all training course costs for the appropriate employer and/or division as well as individual members.
- Acts as a resource for members and signatory employers with training inquiries.
- Works closely with all training staff to ensure accurate record keeping processes are in place with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Keeps current on all activities and training initiatives involving CLAC Training, Alberta.
- Completion of high school or equivalency education
- Minimum of 1 to 2 years experience in an administrative role would be an asset.
Skills and Experience:
- Knowledgeable in Industry and trade safety tickets & certifications.
- Knowledgeable in all Microsoft platforms, proficient with computers and all other data management systems utilized in the training department.
- Be organized and have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Able to demonstrate a friendly and polite telephone and personal manner, punctual and reliable.
- Experience with database entry, scanning, and document management.
- Have great people skills and work well in a team environment.
- Be self-motivated and a self-starter.
- Be able to work independently.
- Strong organizational skills, time management, and be able to multi-task.
Reporting and Accountability:
This position reports to Danielle Lavoie, Business Development Coordinator, CLAC Training, Alberta.
Please submit your cover letter and resume by email to email@example.com and indicate in your application where you came across the position.
Application Deadline: August 17, 2022
Approximate Start Date: August 29, 2022
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
CLAC offers a competitive wage and excellent benefit package, as well as the opportunity to work in a dynamic, rewarding, and challenging workplace community.
CLAC is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation at any stage of the hiring process, we will work with you to meet your needs.