Summer Representative Intern
CLAC has a (4) four-month summer position available for a university-level student who has completed their third or fourth year of undergraduate studies and has an interest in labour relations. This is a temporary, full-time internship position located in our Langley Member Centre in British Columbia.
Duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Supporting representatives in negotiations, conflict resolution, and labour-management meetings;
- Visiting CLAC members at their workplaces, answering questions, and providing assistance;
- Special projects, which could involve writing articles, organizing new workplaces, and social media administration; and
- Research, which could include doing background work for negotiations or arbitrations. t
Qualifications and Skills:
- University student who has completed third or fourth year of studies
- Demonstrated relationship building skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of provincial (BC) and federal labour codes and human rights legislation would be considered an asset
Term and Compensation:
This is a (4) four-month contract position, beginning early May 2024 (start date, end date and vacation leave are flexible). The hours of work are Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours per week with some possible weekend or evening work. The rate of pay is $24.18 per hour. The candidate must have access to a reliable automobile. Mileage is paid and expenses are reimbursed.
Long Term Opportunity:
Internships are part of CLAC’s long-term recruiting strategy. Due to growth, CLAC regularly has openings for representatives in its offices across Canada. A successful intern opportunity may lead to an interview for future full-time employment with CLAC following completion of studies.
Applicants should provide a cover letter and resume to Rob Schmidt, National Representative & Research Specialist, at firstname.lastname@example.org on or before March 1, 2024, and indicate in your application where you came across the position.
Application Deadline: March 1, 2024
Approximate Start Date: Beginning of May 2024
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
CLAC offers a competitive wage and excellent benefit package, as well as the opportunity to work in a dynamic, rewarding, and challenging workplace community.
CLAC is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation at any stage of the hiring process, we will work with you to meet your needs.