Senior Processor - Edmonton
Formed in 1952, CLAC is a national union representing over 60,000 workers in almost every sector of the economy. Based on values of respect, dignity, and fairness, CLAC is committed to building better workplaces, better communities, and better lives. CLAC is an affiliated member of the World Organization of Workers.
We are currently accepting resumes for two Senior Processors to join the Data and Remittance Team in the Edmonton Member Centre. Both positions are permanent, full-time positions.
CLAC is seeking a proficient and highly skilled individual to fill the role of Senior Processor for the Data and Remittance Team. This is a senior position within the team, responsible for the day-to-day communication and resolution of remittance related issues to CLAC affiliated companies and ensuring the proper database set-up for processing remittances.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems and discrepancies with Employer remittances, or assists staff in solving;
- Runs basic reports from the database to ensure accuracy within the posted data
- Helps the Coordinator prepare and distributes Arrears Reports and ensures the Arrears Collection Policy is being followed;
- Confers with the Coordinator and the Manager of the Data and Remittance Team to implement controls, schedules and resolve delivery problems;
- Contacts employers, representatives and other staff about general remittance issues;
- Provides the required background set up work in preparation for data import and processing in the database;
- Advises the Coordinator and Manager of the Data and Remittance Team on issues relating to remittance processing, and assists in providing analysis and recommendations on database design changes and enhancements as required;
- Compiles, sorts, and verifies accuracy of data to be entered;
- Answers questions from other departments regarding posted data;
- May process remittances where required to meet internal deadlines;
- Ensures work is performed within established timelines, policies, procedures, and standards;
- Assist with any additional duties as assigned by the Coordinator and Manager of the Data and Remittance Team.
A post-secondary diploma or degree and advanced Excel knowledge would be an asset. Prior experience in a same or similar role is preferred.
Skills and Experience:
- Sound understanding of Collective Agreements/Contracts with an ability to interpret different information
- Data analysis and manipulation abilities
- Organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Professionalism, tact and reasoning capabilities, ensuring confidentiality of the data that is received
- Advanced computer proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Great interpersonal skills and ability to work in both an independent environment and within the CLAC team
- Excellent time management skills including ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to maintain excellent relationships with affected Employers
- Proven track record of nurturing win-win relationships
- Critical thinker with ability to resolve problems and discrepancies
Reporting and Accountability:
This position reports to the Coordinator, Data and Remittance Team and the Manager, Data and Remittance Team.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to the Data and Remittance Team Hiring Committee by email at firstname.lastname@example.org February 21, 2024. Please indicate in your application where you came across the position.
Application Deadline: February 21, 2024
Approximate Start Date: As soon as possible
CLAC offers a competitive wage and excellent benefit package including company pension plan, as well as the opportunity to work in a dynamic, rewarding, and challenging workplace community.
More information on CLAC can be found at www.clac.ca.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
CLAC is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation at any stage of the hiring process, we will work with you to meet your needs.