Senior Accounting Assistant - Langley
We are currently accepting resumes for an enthusiastic, highly-motivated permanent, full-time Senior Accounting Assistant to join the BC Training team in Langley.
CLAC is seeking an enthusiastic, highly-motivated candidate to join the BC Training Team as a Senior Accounting Assistant. This position involves completing the accounts payable, accounts receivable, and general ledger functions within an established structure and in accordance with applicable accounting and industry standards. This individual is responsible for the accurate data entry and processing of financial data in the accounting program, and related functions.
- Data entry of accounts payable and accounts receivable details in the accounting program (Microsoft Dynamics NAV)
- Maintenance and filing of certificate documents (receiving process)
- Maintenance and filing of vendor and customer files
- Prepare cheques for payment following internal policies and procedures
- Analyze, reconcile, and resolve accounting transactional issues vendors
- Assist the Operations Manager & BC Training Director with other accounting, ad-hoc analysis, reports and projects as required.
College Certificate in bookkeeping, or a related field, or a minimum of three years work related experience in a comparable industry.
Skills and Experience:
- Understanding of accounting principles and practices
- Organizational skills and advanced level of attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Professionalism, tact and reasoning capabilities, ensuring confidentiality of the data that is received
- Advanced computer proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and computerized Accounting programs. Working knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics NAV (NAV) is an asset
- Great interpersonal skills and ability to work in both an independent environment and within the CLAC team
- Excellent time management skills including ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Critical thinker with ability to assist in resolving problems and discrepancies
Reporting and Accountability:
This position will be based out of the Langley Member Centre and reports to the Operations Manager.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to Nicol Quinn at email@example.com.
Application Deadline: July 26, 2022
Approximate Start Date: As soon as possible
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
CLAC offers a competitive wage and excellent benefit package, as well as the opportunity to work in a dynamic, rewarding, and challenging workplace community.
CLAC is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation at any stage of the hiring process, we will work with you to meet your needs.