Senior Accounting Assistant
CLAC is seeking an enthusiastic, highly-motivated permanent, full-time Senior Accounting Assistant to join the Finance Team in our Head Office in Cambridge, Ontario.
This position involves completing the accounts payable, accounts receivable and general ledger functions within an established structure and in accordance with applicable accounting and industry standards. This individual is responsible for the accurate data entry and processing of financial data in the accounting program and related functions.
This position will be responsible for various duties including, but not limited to:
- Data entry of accounts payable and accounts receivable details in Microsoft Dynamics NAV.
- Review and reconcile employee expense reimbursements in accordance with company policies and procedures as submitted through an internal expensing system.
- Maintenance and filing of vendor, customer and employee expense files.
- Prepare cheques and Electronic Fund Transfers for payment as well as preparation of monthly bank reconciliations.
- Analyze, reconcile and resolve accounting transactional issues for employees, vendors, customers and management.
- Assist in the preparation of other accounting, ad-hoc analysis, reports and projects as required.
- College Diploma in Accounting, Finance, or a related field, or a minimum of one year work related experience in a comparable industry.
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of one year work experience in a same or similar role.
- Organizational skills and advanced level of attention to detail.
- Advanced computer proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and computerized Accounting programs. Working knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics NAV is an asset.
- Excellent time management skills including the ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Critical thinker with the ability to assist in resolving problems and discrepancies.
- Ability to interact with a variety of individuals across the organization at various levels.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Reporting and Accountability:
This position will be based out of the Cambridge Member Centre and reports to the National Manager, Financial Reporting.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org indicate in your application where you came across the position.
Application Deadline: October 4, 2019
Approximate Start Date:TBD
CLAC offers a competitive wage and excellent benefit package, as well as the opportunity to work in a dynamic, rewarding, and challenging workplace community.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
CLAC is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation at any stage of the hiring process, we will work with you to meet your needs.