The CLAC Calgary Member Centre is seeking a motivated self-starter with strong interpersonal skills to fill the role of Receptionist. The individual suited for this job will serve first and foremost as a member champion who will ensure that all members are properly served or redirected to the appropriate support. This position will also provide backup to other staff when needed. The successful candidate must have the ability to multi-task in a busy, challenging environment that includes frequent interruptions and distractions. This position is expected to be 30 - 32 hours per week but may transition to more hours at a later date.
- Receives callers/visitors.
- Collective agreement administrative support.
- Manage, prepare, and maintain meeting rooms. (Including ordering meals and managing refreshments)
- Scheduling video conference and phone conference lines.
- Manage supplies and inventory for the Regional Office.
- Input membership information into computer database.
- Postage and fax machine operation and maintenance.
- Process cash/credit card payments.
- Assist with filing & records management (Regional Office).
- General office email review and distribution.
- Collect and distribute incoming mail, faxes and couriers.
- Site IT and basic support.
- Provide backup to other staff when needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Completion of high school or
- Minimum one (1) year of experience in
similar role would be desired.
Skills and Experience:
- Strong attention to detail.
- Must have great excellent people skills and be able to work well in a team environment.
- Professional and courteous phone mannerisms and customer service skills.
- Be organized and have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Knowledgeable in all Microsoft platforms and proficient with computers.
- Able to work independently and multi-task.
- Respect for confidentiality of member information.
Reporting and Accountability:
This position reports to Randy Klassen, Regional
Director for Calgary.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to Randy Klassen, Regional Director, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate in your application where you came across the position.
Application Deadline: October 22, 2021
Approximate Start Date: As soon as possible
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
CLAC offers a competitive wage and excellent benefit package, as well as the opportunity to work in a dynamic, rewarding, and challenging workplace community.
CLAC is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation at any stage of the hiring process, we will work with you to meet your needs.