Processor, Data and Remittance - Edmonton
CLAC is seeking an enthusiastic, permanent full-time Data and Remittance Processor in our Edmonton, Alberta member centre to perform the remittance processing function. This individual is responsible for the accurate processing of member data and financial data within the database, which can include data entry and/or a variety of manipulations in the signatory provided remittance report.
Accurately processes and enters remittance data which involves:
- Preparation of a variety of remittance data formats for entry into the system, including Excel file manipulation as per instructions created in consultation with the Data and Remittance Coordinator or Senior Data and Remittance Processor
- Batch preparation within the database, including file import or manual data entry
- Reconcile database member information to signatory provided information to ensure accurate data posting
- Identify and analyze errors and/or exceptions in the data as they arise throughout batch preparation and processing, notifying the Senior Data and Remittance Processor or Data and Remittance Coordinator of the issues
- Ensure that the cheque data that has been entered reconciles to the final remittance data in the batch prior to posting
- Communicate any calculation or data entry issues to the Data and Remittance Processor or Data and Remittance Coordinator for further investigation
- Understanding and strict adherence to the remittance processing timelines as well as business processes
- Additional duties as required
Qualifications and Skills:
- Completion of high school plus up to 6 months experience in a similar role
- Advanced computer proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Data manipulation abilities
- Organizational skills and an advanced level of attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills including ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Great interpersonal skills and ability to work in both an independent environment and within the CLAC team
- Professionalism, tact and reasoning capabilities, ensuring confidentiality of the data that is received
- Effective written and oral communication skills
Reporting and Accountability:
This position reports to the Manager, Data and Remittance Team.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to Erica Schultz, Manager – Data and Remittance Team at email@example.com by August 31, 2019. Please indicate in your application where you came across the position.
Application Deadline: August 31, 2019
Approximate Start Date: As soon as possible
CLAC offers a competitive wage and excellent benefit package, as well as the opportunity to work in a dynamic, rewarding, and challenging workplace community.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
CLAC is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation at any stage of the hiring process, we will work with you to meet your needs.