We are currently accepting resumes for a Payroll Administrator to join the Human Resources Team. This is a permanent, full-time position located in our Cambridge Member Centre.
Reporting to the Human Resources Director, the HR and payroll team are seeking an accomplished payroll professional looking for an opportunity to contribute to affecting process improvement. This position will work collaboratively within the Human Resources Team to provide and maintain timely and accurate day-to-day administrative support. Responsibilities will include processing the full cycle and all aspects of in-house payroll processing, remittances, filings according to established procedures while continuously looking to identify efficiencies.
- Jointly responsible for processing semi-monthly in-house payroll with minimal supervision, including tracking and verifying information from a variety of sources, lists and reports
- Perform calculation for processing various payroll items
- Issue all Records of Employment in accordance with legislative timelines
- Process new hires, terminations, employee changes, pay rate changes, promotions, miscellaneous deductions, bonuses, and notification of benefit changes.
- Reconcile payroll data monthly and for year-end purposes
- Compose and distribute routine written correspondence from payroll
- Keep up to date on payroll best practices and changes and ensuring compliance to all employment legislation and regulatory guidelines
- Perform detailed review over payroll modifications as required
- Perform final review of unreleased payroll data
- Prepare year-end filings in consultation with team
- Annual reconciliation, review and approval over T4 information, and employee taxable benefits in consultation with team
- Provide payroll and HR information to employees and line managers in accordance with relevant policies/practices
- Prepare employment verification letters and confirm employment with external sources as appropriate
- Prepare and maintain standard and ad hoc reports, queries, and conduct appropriate audits
- Administration of new hires, terminations, transfers, reclassifications, and amendments
- Maintain computerized payroll/HR system, paper/electronic documents and SharePoint site in a timely, consistent and well-organized manner
- Contribute and implement ideas to improve payroll systems and processes
- Carry out any other ad hoc duties to support the payroll and HR teams as required
- Completion of college or university diploma/degree preferably in HR and/or payroll
- PCP certification (preferred)
- CPM designation (or working towards) would be a definite asset
Skills and Experience:
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience processing full payroll cycle (essential)
- Payroll experience in a unionized context would be considered an asset
- Skillful in using in-house payroll database systems (Business Central – highly desirable), (NAV knowledge - asset)
- Knowledge of payroll and accounting practices and principles sufficient to perform journal entries and payroll account reconciliation, including reporting and remitting requirements
- Sound planning and organization skills to determine priorities with strict deadlines
- Extremely detail-oriented with a strong sense of confidentiality
- Proficiency in MS Office, and must have advanced Excel skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively deal with all internal and external stakeholders in the resolution of problems
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Innovative with ability to create efficient processes
- Enjoy working with people and sharing knowledge
- As part of the HR and payroll team, attends and contributes to meetings
- Ability and willingness to learn subject matter quickly
Reporting and Accountability:
This position reports directly to the Human Resources Director.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to Annette Taylor by email to email@example.com and indicate in your application where you came across the position.
Application Deadline: July 31, 2022
Approximate Start Date: August 15, 2022
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
CLAC offers a competitive wage and excellent benefit package, as well as the opportunity to work in a dynamic, rewarding, and challenging workplace community.
CLAC is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation at any stage of the hiring process, we will work with you to meet your needs.