Member Care Specialist
The CLAC Cambridge Member Centre is seeking a proficient and highly skilled individual to fill a permanent, full-time role as a Member Care Specialist in the Cambridge Regional Team. This position will perform a variety of administrative tasks while contributing to a positive team environment.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage, prepare and maintain meeting rooms (including ordering meals and managing refreshments)
- Preparing and proofreading a variety of memos, forms, letters, and reports including collective agreements
- Filing documents
- Composing simple, routine letters
- Preparing packages for employee sign-up, membership meetings, organizing drives, etc.
- Making copies of or scanning correspondence or other printed materials
- Daily back-up for Member Centre Welcome Specialist (Reception) when required
- Ordering and stocking office and clean-up supplies
- Postage and fax machine operation and maintenance
- Arranging courier services
high school or equivalency education
Skills and Experience
- A minimum of 6 months experience in a similar role
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- High proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and database work
- Able to establish and maintain healthy working relationships
- Ability to function in a busy, challenging environment and remain composed under pressure
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to handle confidential information with diplomacy and strict adherence to confidentiality
Reporting and Accountability
This position reports to James Koopman, Acting Regional Director.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to Ian DeWaard at email@example.com
Please indicate in your cover letter where you came across the position.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Application Deadline: May 20, 2021
Approximate Start Date: As soon as possible
CLAC offers a competitive wage and excellent benefit package, as well as the opportunity to work in a dynamic, rewarding, and challenging workplace community.
CLAC is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation at any stage of the hiring process, we will work with you to meet your needs.