Formed in 1952, CLAC is a national union representing over 60,000 workers in almost every sector of the economy. Based on values of respect, dignity, and fairness, CLAC is committed to building better workplaces, better communities, and better lives. CLAC is an affiliated member of the World Organization of Workers.
The CLAC Jobs Team, Langley Member Centre is seeking a proficient and highly skilled individual to fill a permanent, full-time role as an Administrative Assistant. This position will perform a variety of administrative tasks while contributing to a positive team environment.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide front-line customer service in a professional manner while fostering a positive
team environment. This includes but is not limited to walk-in counter service
and responding to member requests via telephone, email, and social media
members in the computer lab with job profile (resume) building.
- Assist with the administration of member profiles and database records.
- Process inbound data files and reports from signatory companies.
- Assist with recruitment initiatives
- Completion of a college or university program with a focus on human resources recruiting or administration is preferred.
Skills and Experience
- Customer service orientated with exemplary business etiquette (in-person, telephone, email and social media).
- Ability to multi-task is essential.
- Proficient using database applications and MS Office with advanced Outlook and Excel skills; experience with applicant tracking system software is an asset.
Reporting and Accountability
This position reports directly to the CLAC Jobs Manager.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to Kristine Cavey, CLAC Jobs Manager, at email@example.com.
Please indicate in your application where you came across the position.
Application Deadline: September 3, 2021
Approximate Start Date: As soon as possible
CLAC offers a competitive wage and excellent benefit package including company pension, as well as the opportunity to work in a dynamic, rewarding, and challenging workplace community.
More information on CLAC can be found at www.clac.ca.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
CLAC is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation at any stage of the hiring process, we will work with you to meet your needs.