HR & Payroll Administrator
We are currently accepting resumes for a HR & Payroll Administrator to join the Human Resources Team. This is a temporary, part-time 13-month maternity contract position located in our Cambridge, Ontario Member Centre/Working Remotely.
Reporting to the Human Resources Director, this temporary part-time position will work collaboratively within the Human Resources Team to provide day-to-day administrative support. This is a great opportunity to work within a supportive team environment. Responsibilities will include assisting with full cycle in-house payroll processing, remittances, filings and HR administration alongside the HR Team. This position will be 3 days per week between Monday to Friday, requiring some flexibility in order to complete essential work tasks on time.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following areas:
- Back up support for review and processing semi-monthly in-house payroll with minimal supervision
- Payroll and HR administration for new hires, terminations, reclassifications, and other changes, including Records of Employment
- Calculation of various payroll items
- Compose and distribute routine written correspondence from payroll
- Perform final review of unreleased payroll data as assigned
- Respond to employee HR and payroll enquiries and resolve concerns in a timely and professional manner
- Prepare and validate employment contracts, offer letters, verification letters, etc.
- Assist in the administration of payroll/HR systems, paper/electronic documents, SharePoint forms, manuals, and template documents
- Prepare and maintain standard and ad hoc reports/audits
- Carry out any other ad hoc duties to support the payroll and HR team as assigned
- Completion of college or university diploma/degree preferably in HR and/or payroll
- PCP certification (or working towards an asset)
- CHRP designation (or working towards an asset)
Skills and Experience:
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in HR/payroll administration
- Skillful in using payroll database systems (Business Central and NAV - asset)
- Comfortable with analyzing data and performing calculations regularly
- Knowledge of payroll processing, including reporting and remitting requirements
- Self-motivated, responsible and extremely detail-oriented with a strong sense of priority and confidentiality
- Proficiency in MS Office, and must have exceptional Excel skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Innovative with willingness to create efficient processes
- Enjoy working with people in a team and sharing knowledge
- Ability and willingness to learn subject matter quickly
Reporting and Accountability
This position reports directly to the Human Resources Director.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to Annette Taylor by email to email@example.com and indicate in your application where you came across the position.
Application Deadline: July 30, 2021
Approximate Start Date: August 2021
CLAC offers a competitive wage and excellent benefit package, as well as the opportunity to work in a dynamic, rewarding, and challenging workplace community.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
CLAC is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation at any stage of the hiring process, we will work with you to meet your needs.