HR & Payroll Administrator
We are currently accepting resumes for a HR & Payroll Administrator to join the Human Resources Team. This is a temporary, part-time 14-month maternity contract position located in our Cambridge, Ontario Member Centre/Temporarily Working Remotely.
Reporting to the Human Resources Director, this temporary part-time position will work collaboratively within the Human Resources Team to provide and maintain timely and accurate day-to-day administrative support. Responsibilities will include assisting with full cycle and all aspects of in-house payroll processing, remittances, filings and a range of HR administration according to established procedures. This role is payroll focused with a mix of HR tasks. This position will be 3 days per week between Monday to Friday, requiring flexibility to accommodate the payroll schedule.
- Back up for processing semi-monthly in-house payroll with minimal supervision, including tracking and verifying information from a variety of sources, lists and reports
- Calculation of various payroll items for processing
- Issue all Records of Employment in accordance with legislative timelines
- Prepare year-end filings in consultation with team
- Reconcile payroll data monthly and for year-end purposes
- Compose and distribute routine written correspondence from payroll
- Keep up to date on payroll best practices and changes, implementing where appropriate
- Perform detailed review over payroll modifications as required
- Perform final review of unreleased payroll data
- Annual reconciliation, review and approval over T4 information, and employee taxable benefits in consultation with team
- Under supervision, assist in the new hire process from recruitment through to onboarding
- Contribute to the development of job descriptions as necessary
- Ensure proof of right/clearance to work and other medical documentation are received for all staff
- Provide payroll and HR information to employees and line managers in accordance with relevant policies/practices
- Review and validate employment contracts, offer letters and all relevant new hire paperwork in accordance with CLAC policies
- Prepare employment verification letters and confirm employment with external sources as appropriate
- Assist in the maintenance of administrative forms, manuals, and template documents
- Prepare and maintain standard and ad hoc reports, queries, and conduct appropriate audits to ensure data integrity
- Contribute to the preparation and delivery of training and presentations related to HR/Payroll policies and programs
- Administration of new hires, terminations, transfers, reclassifications, and amendments
- Maintain computerized payroll/HR system, paper/electronic documents and SharePoint site in a timely, consistent and well-organized manner
- Assist in the recording and collation of basic HR metrics
- Contribute and implement ideas to improve payroll/HR systems and processes
- Carry out any other ad hoc duties to support the payroll and HR teams as required
- Completion of college or university diploma/degree preferably in HR and/or payroll
- PCP certification (preferred)
- CPM or CHRP designation (or working towards) would be a definite asset
Skills and Experience:
- A minimum of 2 years’ generalist experience in HR and payroll administration (essential)
- Payroll experience in a unionized context would be considered an asset
- Skillful in using in-house payroll database systems (Business Central – highly desirable), (NAV - asset)
- Knowledge of payroll and accounting practices and principles, including reporting and remitting requirements
- Organized and extremely detail-oriented with a strong sense of priority and confidentiality
- Proficiency in MS Office, and must have excellent Excel skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Innovative with ability to create efficient processes
- Enjoy working with people and sharing knowledge
- Ability and willingness to learn subject matter quickly
Reporting and Accountability
This position reports directly to the Human Resources Director.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to Annette Taylor by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
and indicate in your application where you came across the position.
Application Deadline: April 27, 2021
Approximate Start Date: June 2021
CLAC offers a competitive wage and excellent benefit package, as well as the opportunity to work in a dynamic, rewarding, and challenging workplace community.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
CLAC is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation at any stage of the hiring process, we will work with you to meet your needs.