Equity, Diversity & Inclusion Coordinator
We are currently accepting resumes for an Equity, Diversity & Inclusion Coordinator. This is a full-time, temporary position (July 2022 – March 2024) located in any of our Member Centres.
Reporting to the CLAC Apprenticeship Support Program Manager, this position is responsible for developing/providing consultative services, support and strategic stakeholder partnership for various Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) initiatives related to the CLAC Apprenticeship Support Program (CASP) and the federal 2-year Intermediary funding under ESDC/Apprenticeship Service Program (“Project”).
It is expected that the EDI Coordinator will become a trusted advisor to the respective Project stakeholders (internal, external) as it relates to the Project’s strategic EDI objectives, activities and expected results (outputs/outcomes).
CASP, a new, member and signatory employer support program, provides nationally aligned supports and administrative services in the following areas of the apprenticeship pathway:
- Under the direction of senior leadership, participates in the implementation of the 22-month ESDC-Apprenticeship Service Program Intermediary funding project (“Project”)
- Participates in the strategic workforce planning initiatives as it relates to CASP, maintaining a highly visible image of CLAC as a workforce development partner, and ensuring that the goals of CASP are in line with the goals of CLAC.
- Develop training programming and diverse community engagement initiatives to promote the growth and success of CASP, including recognizing the diverse range of needs of the adult jobseeker/apprentice population, equity-deserving groups, and seek opportunities for government funding grants
- Develop and maintain a high level of organizational expertise and knowledge on issues and opportunities related to the field of skilled trades, including:
- apprentice recruitment, retention and completion
- equity, diversity and inclusion
- community, member, and employer engagement
- Red Seal/provincial apprenticeship systems
- Performs EDI-related Project activities in collaboration with Project team members and relevant internal and external stakeholders
- Participates in initiatives with CASP-assigned team members to engage member-apprentices and signatory employers regarding the services available with CASP and ensuring that they are effectively utilized to support the development of the CLAC workforce and that they are consistent with the strategic goals of CLAC and Project objectives.
- Develops a deep understanding of the Project’s operations to support the development and execution of EDI objectives. Supports CASP in aligning, embedding and applying the Project’s activities.
- Acts as the key liaison between all Project stakeholders (internal and external) and equity-deserving groups (clients), ensuring stakeholders and client needs are identified and addressed in EDI program development.
- Provides leadership advice and guidance to internal and external stakeholders on EDI issues and opportunities in support of the Project’s objectives and CLAC workforce development initiatives
- Develops rapport and constructive relationships with CLAC members, CLAC departments/teams, signatory employers, community partners and clients, and provides EDI feedback to the broader CLAC organization
- Proactively recommends creative and effective changes to existing/historical practices to increase value-add to the stakeholder groups and embed EDI into CLAC’s member and employer services.
- Provides input to the development and assists in the implementation of EDI programs/initiatives within member service, recruitment, onboarding, retention, training and apprenticeship. Regularly attends Project and workforce development meetings.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience managing complex projects and programs in a related field of work.
- Trades-based education and/or Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrated success in fostering collaborative relationships while providing dynamic leadership with internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Strong EDI acumen and an ability to learn a signatory employer’s business needs and anticipate required workforce development support.
- Proven experience as an organizational leader, particularly around initiatives that promote diversity, access, and inclusion.
- Demonstrated experience in bringing about positive change in the field of EDI. Experience designing and delivering educational programs is required.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including senior leadership, team members, other CLAC teams and external stakeholders
- Demonstrate experience and an enhanced understanding of Red Seal and Provincial apprenticeship systems
- Demonstrated commitment, understanding and knowledge of application of human rights, equity, diversity and inclusion with the ability to communicate and work effectively inter-culturally with equity-deserving groups, diverse clients, job seekers and various communities
- Demonstrate strong creative, strategic, analytical, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Able to handle confidential information with diplomacy and a strict adherence to confidentiality
- Technically competent with various software programs, such as MS Project, Planner and MS Office 365
- Demonstrate an experience with database management, production of reports on workforce statistics and demographics
- Commitment to working with shared leadership and in cross-functional teams.
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time
- Out-of-town, overnight travel is required
Reporting and Accountability:
- The position can be based out of any CLAC Member Centre.
- The position reports directly to the CASP Manager.
To submit your expression of interest in this position, please submit your cover letter and resume to CASPjobs@clac.ca. This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate has been found. Interested individuals are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Approximate Start Date: As soon as possible
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
CLAC offers a competitive wage and excellent benefit package, as well as the opportunity to work in a dynamic, rewarding, and challenging workplace community.
CLAC is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation at any stage of the hiring process, we will work with you to meet your needs.