Data Import Specialist - Edmonton
We are currently accepting resumes for a Data Import Specialist to join the Data and Remittance Team in the Edmonton Member Centre. This is a temporary, full-time (16-month contract) position.
This position is responsible for the day to day high level analysis and import of data from multiple sources into databases. This role would be required to identify and resolve data related issues/inconsistencies, prepare raw data for import into line of business applications using various data manipulation techniques, and produce a variety of reports, both canned and ad-hoc, as required by various stakeholders. Experience with basic data analysis, and producing analytical outputs is preferred.
This role is also a Site IT Contact which provides Tier 1 (first level) technical support. Working with a team of other Site IT Contacts, this position will provide end user and technical support of desktop software, hardware and peripherals to an office of 80 users. Expected dates of employment are from April 2023-July 2024.
Processes and enters data and remittances which would involve:
- Preparation of a variety of non-finance data formats for entry into the system, including advanced excel file manipulation as well as UnionWare file format, profile and template creation for non-finance data.
- Non-finance batch preparation within the database, including file import or keying in of data.
- Coordinate entry of non-finance batches and communicate with CLAC departments as needed to fulfill their requests.
- Communicating with internal business departments that are requesting a file import to ensure their data is set up and delivered correctly in order to input into the database.
- Export information and reports from the system to review pertinent information.
- Comparing information from the database and the files received to ensure the most accurate up-to-date information is placed in the database.
- Help run audit reports on finance related data.
- Assists other Processors with advanced troubleshooting of issues prior to involving the Coordinator.
- Additional duties as required
Provides Tier 1 IT support which would involve:
- User Account Requests
- Receipt and tracking of all received computer and network systems, parts and software
- Assist IT Support when on site (“hands on”) work is requested, troubleshooting a variety of hardware and software
- Computer setup and reimaging
- Hardware peripheral ordering, installing, upgrading, decommissioning
- iPhone (Mobile Phones) setup, and first contact for troubleshooting
- Monthly Site IT meetings with IT Support Team
A post-secondary diploma or degree and advanced Excel knowledge would be an asset. Prior experience in a same or similar role is preferred.
Skills and Experience:
- Post-Secondary education in finance or information technology would be an asset.
- Database knowledge for creating the initial set up work in preparation for data import and processing.
- Proficiency with all MS office programs including Access; advanced Excel knowledge and ability to manipulate and review files efficiently.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and leadership skills.
- Strong technical aptitude; adapts well to change and works well with new processes and procedures.
- Ability to work both independently with minimal supervision as well as in collaboration with other staff members in a team environment.
- Aptitude in working with both financial and technical data.
- Attention to detail is essential, with an emphasis on problem solving skills.
- Excellent time management, ability to work under pressure, prioritize workloads and able to take direction from multiple sources.
Reporting and Accountability:
This position reports to the Manager, Data and Remittance Team.
To apply please submit your cover letter and resume to the Data and Remittance Team Hiring Committee by email at email@example.com by March 26, 2023. Please indicate in your application where you came across the position.
Application Deadline: March 26, 2023
Approximate Start Date: As soon as possible
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
CLAC offers a competitive wage and excellent benefit package, as well as the opportunity to work in a dynamic, rewarding, and challenging workplace community.
CLAC is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation at any stage of the hiring process, we will work with you to meet your needs.