Booking Specialist – Edmonton
Formed in 1952, CLAC is a national union representing over 60,000 workers in almost every sector of the economy. Based on values of respect, dignity, and fairness, CLAC is committed to building better workplaces, better communities, and better lives. CLAC is an affiliated member of the World Organization of Workers.
CLAC Training Team, Alberta is seeking a highly motivated individual to fill the role of Booking Specialist. This is a 12-month contract, full-time position located in the Edmonton Member Centre. The successful candidate will be working in the welding shop and be required to have strong interpersonal skills who can work independently and as part of a team. The Booking Specialist is responsible for the administration and booking of all appointments and registration of clients in a timely manner as well as greeting all guests, both in person and by phone, with a focus on quality, customer satisfaction, and CLAC’s core values.
The essentials duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Performs all duties required while fostering a positive team environment that is focused on exceptional service for both internal and external customers.
- Greets guests and assists them with their questions with respect to their training and testing requests as required.
- May receive and distribute mail and faxes pertaining to the welding shop to the appropriate resources.
- Develops and maintains a positive relationship with all assigned signatory employers to ensure accurate, timely, and personalized service.
- Actively registers and confirms appointments into training & testing sessions as requested by clients, members, or signatory employers.
- Ensures all source documents and forms are accurately filled out and electronically filed in the appropriate location.
- Processes payment via debit, cash, or credit card for products or services offered by Training, Alberta.
- Accurately records and maintains contact information for all signatory employers, training providers, and members in the database, and any other statistics as determined by CLAC Training, Alberta leadership.
- Accurately processes and records all training course costs for the appropriate employer and/or division as well as individual members.
- Acts as a resource for clients, members, and signatory employers with training inquiries.
- Works closely with all training staff to ensure accurate record keeping processes are in place with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Provides ongoing back-up support to the learners in the computer lab when required.
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft platforms, proficient with computers and all other data management systems utilized in the training department.
- Keeps current on all activities and training initiatives involving CLAC Training, Alberta.
- Completion of high school or equivalency education
Skills and Experience:
- A minimum of 3 months experience in a similar role and familiarity with Welding terminology.
- Be organized and have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Able to demonstrate a friendly and polite telephone and personal manner, punctual and reliable.
- Experience with database entry, scanning, and document management.
- Have great people skills and work well in a team environment.
- Be self-motivated and a self-starter.
- Proficient in all Microsoft platforms.
- Be able to work independently.
- Strong organizational skills, time management, and be able to multi-task.
Reporting and Accountability:
This position reports to Hanna Gonnet, Welding Admin Team Lead CLAC Training, Alberta.
Please submit your cover letter and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate in your application where you came across the position.
Application Deadline: February 8, 2023
Approximate Start Date: As Soon As Possible
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
CLAC offers a competitive wage and excellent benefit package, as well as the opportunity to work in a dynamic, rewarding, and challenging workplace community.
CLAC is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation at any stage of the hiring process, we will work with you to meet your needs.