The CLAC Langley Member Centre is seeking a proficient and highly skilled individual to fill a permanent, full-time role as an Administrative Assistant in the Regional Team. This position will perform a variety of administrative tasks while contributing to a positive team environment.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Corresponding with union members and external contacts
- Preparing and editing a variety of forms, letters, and reports including collective agreements
- Filing and database work
- Composing simple, routine letters
- Preparing packages for employee sign-up, union membership meetings, organizing drives, etc.
- Making copies of or scanning correspondence or other printed materials
- Back-up for Reception when required
- Completion of high school or
general equivalency education
Skills and Experience
- A minimum of 6 months experience in a similar role
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- High proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and database work
- Experience with Microsoft SharePoint would be an asset
- Able to establish and maintain healthy working relationships
- Ability to function in a busy, challenging environment and remain composed under pressure
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to handle confidential information with diplomacy and strict adherence to confidentiality
Reporting and Accountability
This position reports directly to Holly Farrell, Langley Building and Office Manager.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to Caroline Chuba, Regional Director by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Deadline: July 23, 2021
Approximate Start Date: As soon as possible
CLAC offers a competitive wage and excellent benefit package including company pension, as well as the opportunity to work in a dynamic, rewarding, and challenging workplace community.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Please indicate in your application where you came across the position.
CLAC is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation at any stage of the hiring process, we will work with you to meet your needs.