The CLAC Langley Member Centre is seeking a proficient and highly skilled individual to fill a permanent, full-time role as an Administrative Assistant in the Regional Team. This position will perform a variety of administrative tasks while contributing to a positive team environment.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Corresponding with members and external contacts
- Preparing and proofreading a variety of memos, forms, letters, and reports including collective agreements
- Filing and database work
- Composing simple, routine letters
- Preparing packages for employee sign-up, membership meetings, organizing drives, etc.
- Making copies of or scanning correspondence or other printed materials
- Back-up for Reception when required
- Completion of high school or general equivalency education
Skills and Experience:
- A minimum of 6 months experience in a similar role
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- High proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and database work
- Able to establish and maintain healthy working relationships
- Ability to function in a busy, challenging environment and remain composed under pressure
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to handle confidential information with diplomacy and strict adherence to confidentiality
Reporting and Accountability:
This position reports directly to the Langley Building and Office Manager.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to Caroline Chuba, Regional Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate in your application where you came across the position.
Application Deadline: February 28, 2020
Approximate Start Date: As soon as possible
CLAC offers a competitive wage and excellent benefit package, as well as the opportunity to work in a dynamic, rewarding, and challenging workplace community.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
CLAC is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation at any stage of the hiring process, we will work with you to meet your needs.