Administrative/Training and Recruitment Assistant - Sudbury
CLAC is seeking a permanent, full-time candidate to join the Sudbury Member Centre in an entry level position as an Administrative/Training and Recruitment Assistant, supporting the Ontario CLAC Jobs, Training, and Sudbury Member Centre teams. This position is ideal for an individual with an interest in Human Resources who would be motivated to help develop and promote the CLAC Jobs and Training programs by building strong external relationships and establishing positive working relationships within the CLAC teams.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ontario CLAC Jobs:
- Receive, process and manage CLAC Jobs applicants. Includes conducting pre-screening interviews and member-retention engagement campaigns
- Execute database entries, searches and data analysis, produce cohesive reports and correspond with internal staff, external contacts (employers and employment agencies) and applicants in a timely and professional manner
- Assist with recruitment initiatives and promoting CLAC Jobs member retention services to CLAC signatory employers
- Participate in industry and community events and job fairs
- Ontario Training & Apprenticeship:
- Coordinating and promoting training and apprenticeship services in Northern Ontario (including event/vendor management, seat bookings, employer engagement, and student/apprentice assistance)
- Sudbury Member Centre:
- Duties will include verbal and written correspondence with members and external customers, reception intake services, database work, and general office tasks
- Completion of a college or university program with a focus on human resources recruiting or administration is an asset
- Interest in or working towards a Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP) designation is an asset
Skills and Experience
- Relevant experience in human resources, customer service or administration.
- Experience with training, recruitment, and retention activities in construction, mining or related sectors is an asset.
- Professional interpersonal and communication skills (in-person, telephone, written, e-mail and social media)
- Proficient in MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and typing skills
- Experience with database entry, scanning and document management
- Experience with website forms and navigating website tools (including social media)
- Able to effectively work remotely, independently or with some travel as required
Reporting and Accountability
This position reports directly to Gord O’Coin, Sudbury Regional Director.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com by 5:00 p.m. April 8, 2021 and indicate in your application where you came across the position.
Application Deadline: April 8, 2021
Approximate Start Date: As soon as possible
CLAC offers a competitive wage and excellent benefit package including company pension, as well as the opportunity to work in a dynamic, rewarding, and challenging workplace community.
We encourage you to learn more about us to see if this opportunity would be a good fit, by reviewing our website. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
CLAC is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation at any stage of the hiring process, we will work with you to meet your needs.