CLAC is seeking an enthusiastic, permanent full-time Accounting Manager in our Edmonton, Alberta member centre, to prepare financial reporting in accordance with applicable accounting and industry standards. This individual is responsible for maintaining and managing accurate financial data across the organization to aid in effective decision-making, budgeting and planning activities.
This position will be responsible for various duties including, but not limited to:
- Preparation and review of timely financial reporting and commentary to internal stakeholders
- Supervising entry and analysis of accounts payable, accounts receivable and banking transactions
- Review and variance analysis of monthly results
- Preparation and support of annual external
- Responsible for maintenance of Fixed Assets Ledger
- Perform ad-hoc analysis, reports and projects as required
- Preparation and support of the annual budget process
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field
- Has completed or in process to achieve their Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) Designation
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of five years’ work related experience in a same or similar role, a minimum of two years in a supervisory capacity
- Organizational skills and advanced level of attention to detail
- Advanced computer proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and computerized Accounting programs. Working knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics NAV (NAV) is an asset
- Excellent time management skills including ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to review existing process and make changes to streamline and create efficiencies. Continuous improvement approach to all tasks
- Ability to interact with a variety of individuals across the organization at various levels
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Reporting and Accountability:
The Accounting Manager will manage several team members and work closely and report to the Controller.
CLAC offers a competitive wage and excellent benefit package, as well as the opportunity to work in a dynamic, rewarding, and challenging workplace community.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to Human Resources at email@example.com. Please indicate in your application where you came across the position.
Application Deadline: November 18, 2018
Approximate Start Date: TBD